I went to Google and created a Custom Search Engine, set up to search all the storytime blogs, wikis, and sites on my Storytime Resource Page. Will you test it and see if this is helpful? If we decide it’s more useful than searching plain old Google, I can add it to the Resources page, but I’m not convinced yet:
- The free version requires ads, so you have to scroll past some ad sites before you get to the storytime results.
- Sometimes it doesn’t direct you straight to a particular relevant post on a blog, and you have to either scroll a lot or give up and do a separate search on that blog.
- Many storytime bloggers also review books on their blogs, so a search for “pigs” returns review posts as well as storytime plan posts.
- I have to go back and pay more attention to the URLS for the sites and enter them again, and I can’t get it to recognizes pages on the wikis, so right now it’s working mostly with the blogs.
- There seem to be a lot of duplications in the results.
- Doing a regular Google search for “X and storytime and blogs” seems pretty effective.
Will you play with this a bit and see what you think?